Bayshore Animal Hospital and Avian Practice was first opened in 1955 and was the first animal hospital in the area. Back then Tyrone Blvd. ended at Park Street and the area was still farmland. It is the longest continually running animal hospital in Pinellas Co.
We are proud to be long time members of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) since 1976. AAHA is the only organization that accredits animal hospitals throughout the US and Canada.. We are evaluated on over 800 standards every three years. The AAHA standards of accreditation are used to help veterinary hospitals stay on the leading edge of veterinary medicine. Our hospital must demonstrate an exceptional level of medical care and client services. Only 17% of animal hospitals in North America are accredited by AAHA. To better serve animals, we work with ASPCA, schools, and zoos.